Chase Hospitality Group
Reporting to the Chief of Culinary, the Regional Chef manages the culinary operations at each of our concepts and ensures the profit, growth, compliance and development of our staff is aligned with our company standards. They must understand and support each concepts food philosophy, style and approach. With a strong operational mind, the Regional Chef will develop and implement innovative culinary solutions that drive menu efficiency, consistency, cost reduction, improved quality, staff development and retention. They will support each culinary team with menu development and changes, ensure locations are running smoothly and measure the performance and compliance.
What's on your plate:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and ensures alignment amongst the team and CHASE perfection in everything you do.
- With the Culinary team, create an environment that is genuine, humble, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Through continuous training, share positive and constructive performance feedback with Culinary Leaders to support the development of curiosity and courage leaders
- Lead by example, with the utmost integrity and do what is right for our company, guest, people and environment
- Executing the vision for the culinary programs, including the costing, structured integration and standardization for each concept
- Providing leadership mentorship to all culinary management at the restaurant level, holding all leadership team members accountable to established CHG and statutory standards, by completing monthly walk throughs
- Protecting the integrity of all current and future recipes and procedures
- Ensuring all new menus are rolled out to established costing standards and remain within Budget, inclusive of recipe completion, all sub recipes and plated recipes, and running a PMIX to ensure the theoretical food cost is lower than budget.
- Supporting each restaurant across all aspects of the kitchen
- Holding the Executive Chefs accountable to daily reporting, costing schedules. Being aware of all reports on Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), labour and other kitchen relevant information on a daily basis.
- Provide weekly reports on Cost of Good Sold (COGS) and labour as well as other pertinent information pertaining to kitchen operations, to the Culinary Director.
- Work towards uniform purchasing across all concepts, and consolidating suppliers to leverage CHG purchasing power to gain best pricing.
- Partner with Chief Culinary Officer to successfully execute new restaurant openings across North America
- Understand and interpret all relevant financial statements including Profit & Loss Statements
- Provide oversight to all Executive Chefs to ensure the following:
- All new items are costed and entered into Point of Sale Systems
- COGS -meet and exceed budgeted targets
- Heart of House Labour- meet and exceed budgeted targets
- Kitchen organization and cleanliness meets and exceeds CHG & statutory standards
- Ongoing assessment of repairs and maintenance
- Ongoing development, evaluation of core menus and recipes. Ability to scale recipes to correct volumes required
- Planning, implementation and communication of menu updates
- Develop and lead training on production standards, equipment and food safety
- Continuously develop teams through educational programs and courses to increase business and culinary expertise
- Support Culinary Management training and on-boarding on company processes and standards
- Maximize the productivity of the Kitchen Managers, and ensure proper training of all BOH staff
- Ensure full compliance and effectiveness of mandatory health and safety regulations at all locations
- Develop weekly travel schedule and maintain a regular presence at all CHG concepts
Ingredients you'll bring to the table:
- 10 + years of previous culinary experience in premium restaurants
- 10 + years of kitchen management and/or previous experience as an Executive Chef
- International cuisine knowledge
- Superior business acumen with demonstrated ability to analyze and impact business results at an organizational level
- Ability to lead and motivate others, and build a diverse and effective team
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required
- Must have valid work permit to work in Canada
Why you'll love what you do with CHG:
- Competitive compensation and group benefits
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced industry professionals
- Growth opportunities within our various concepts
- 50% off to all CHG specific restaurants
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the role in the subject line.