The Chase and The Chase Fish and Oyster
Reporting to the General Manager, the Maitre’d / Lead Concierge ensures that our guests have a pleasant and memorable dining experience from the initial impression to the fond farewell. This individual understands above and beyond service while providing leadership and guidance to the concierge department.
What's on your plate:
- Actively communicate with the Leadership team any issues or potential concerns relating to seating, guest experience or the ability of staff to service the business of their section
- Prepare and present all pre-shift notes for upcoming service (ie. PX’s, celebrations, etc.)
- Assist with event coordination at venue
- Assign reservations daily on SevenRooms that is logical and appropriate
- Delegate responsibilities during service to concierge team
- Administrative Needs: weekly concierge schedules and running daily closing reports and other requested by management
- Relaying the necessary information in regards to allergies and guest requests to management, respective captain, and kitchen
- Constant communication with captains and management to ensure out times are provided, guests are dining within appropriate times, and resets are completed in an efficient manner
- Perform interviews, onboard and oversee the training of all new hires for concierge
- Weekly focuses/reminders sent out via email to management on Sundays. Follow through with execution of focuses.
- Ensure opening and closing checklists are being used and all tasks on said checklists are being completed
- Inventory for washroom and concierge products
- Ensure that all areas of the restaurant under Concierge’s purview are well maintained and kept clean at all times including the concierge stands, all front entrance windows, floors and mats, elevator mirrors and chrome, washrooms
- Liaise between our Valet partners and restaurant Operations, responsible for integrating protocols and systems for our Valet service and guest experience, as well as facilitating the capture of revenue associated with our Valet Service.
- Help create and launch in coordination with our Valet team a PX recognition campaign servicing our most loved guests. Photo file to be created for all PX guests.
Ingredients you'll bring to the table:
- 2-4 years experience in a supervisory or comparable role
- Humble and relatable with a confident attitude
- Clear and concise communication
- Remain highly detailed at all times
- Respectful and professional with all interactions
- Accountable in their actions and ability to hold others to the same standards
- Proactive in understanding guests' needs
- Creativity in finding solutions to provide guests an exceptional experience
- Ability to ease conflict and resolve issues
- Team oriented with capability to work in a high stressed environment
- High organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Professional appearance appropriate for a premier restaurant
Why you'll love what you do with CHG:
- Mentorship & Guidance from Toronto’s top hospitality professionals
- Opportunities to grow and develop within our company and various concepts
- 50% discount. Available to use at our phenomenal locations!
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the role in the subject line.